With over 25 years of experience in the film industry, and having worked with world renowned filmmakers, Marie-Claude is setting her foot on the map.
About the pRODUCER
With more than 15 films to her credit, one of Canada’s preeminent producers, Marie-Claude Poulin creates MCP Productions in 2016 to continue producing high quality theatrically driven Canadian and international features as well as developing television series.
Whether concept, director or cast driven, the company’s focus is on quality product for broad audiences. MC Poulin has collaborated with new and established film makers as well as other renowned producers from around the globe and plans on using her past experience and relationships to continue developing and co-producing unique stories by innovative storytellers.
She has many feature films in development, including international co-productions and French language projects.
Since 2009 she has been co president and producer at Item 7, a company she co-founded with Pierre Even. Together they worked with world renowned filmmakers such as Jean Marc Vallée, Kim Nguyen, Philippe Lioret and John Crowley. Café de Flore (JM Vallée) was produced in 2011 followed by Rebelle (Kim Nguyen), shot in the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2012. In 2013 Cyanure, a Swiss-Canada co production then Meetings with a Young Poet by Rudy Barichello, Miraculum, directed by PODZ and starring Anne Dorval, and Robin Aubert, Les Maitres du Suspense directed by Stéphane Lapointe with Antoine Bertrand and Michel Coté and Brooklyn a Irish-UK Canada co production by John Crowley and starring Soairse Ronan. Their productions have participated in all major film festivals and have won numerous national and international awards including a Best Foreign Language Film nomination at the Oscars for Rebelle in 2013. In 2016, Brooklyn received 3 nominations including Best Film, Best Screenplay Adaptation and Best Actress.
She has worked in the film industry for over 25 years starting her career in Toronto and Los Angeles as director of domestic and international sales for Norstar Releasing. In 1990, she moved to Montreal to head Malofilm’s newly created international department where she also acted as director of acquisitions actively taking part in the development of local projects.
Eight years later, her career continued on the international sales side of the business at CFP where she set up the foreign sales department that became Lionsgate International. When operations moved to L.A., Ms. Poulin chose to remain in Montreal and explore the financing side of the business at financing entity FIDEC. This led to Melleny Productions where she actively seconded producer R. Goudreau for LES BOYS 3.
She also has been head of distribution for TVA Films and Equinoxe Films where she helped develop several projects and bring to the screens memorable films including ECLIPSE (Jeremy Podeswa), AMERICAN PSYCHO (Mary Harron), BUFFALO 66 (Vincent Gallo), DANS UNE GALAXIE PRÈS DE CHEZ VOUS, C.R.A.Z.Y., UN DIMANCHE À KIGALI and HURT LOCKER.
She has often been invited as a panelist or moderator at several industry conference and is now President of the board of the Cinema NDG and a board member of the BCTQ (Quebec Cinema and Television Bureau).
What she has PRODUCED
- 2016 Eye on Juliet – Kim Nguyen (executive producer)
- 2015 Brooklyn – John Crowley (co-producer)
- 2015 Le Fils de Jean – Pilippe Lioret (co producer)
- 2015 PAYS Chloé Robichaud(Borders ) (producer)
- 2014 Les Maîtres du suspense – Stéphane Lapointe (producer)
- 2014 Miraculum - Podz (producer)
- 2013 Three Night Stand , Pat Kiely (executive producer)
- 2013 Meetings with a Young Poet - Rudy Barichello (producer)
- 2013 The Colony – Jeff Renfroe (producer)
- 2013 Cyanure Severine Cornamusaz (co-producer)
- 2012 Mars et Avril - Martin Villeneuve (executive producer)
- 2012 Rebelle (War Witch) – Kim Nguyen (producer)
- 2011 Café de Flore – Jean Marc Vallée (producer)
- 2009 The Wild Hunt (representative: producer)
- 2006 Let It Ride - Jacques Russo (executive producer)
- 2005 C.R.A.Z.Y. (representative: producer)
- 2004 Whitecoats Dave Thomas (executive producer)